Sunday, January 30, 2011

rain, rain, go away...

The pub crawl in Madrid was pretty awesome. I absolutely love Madrid, going there will never get old. We found a sbarro for dinner so you can bet your bottom dollar I hit that up for some American 'za. Hit the spot. The first bar on the crawl was an Irish pub. It was probably the most fun out of all of them, it was awesome. The band was great and we got them to play sweet home alabama, they were loving us, and everyone else in the bar was just kind of.... staring. But I would definitely do it again! We met some Au Pairs from all over Europe who were so fun and spoke like 3-6 languages a piece! I was in awe. I wanna know 6 languages!!

Last week of classes was okay. I'm such a baby when it comes to the cold and its been freezing here recently, so being outside is pretty miserable.. unless you're wearing 35 layers and a ski mask. And to top it off its been raining non-stop since thursday morning. So, me and lp have been locked up in our attic like anne frank doing absolutely nothing for the past three days. I feel pretty worthless but walking around in the rain when its 35 degrees outside is way worse than being bored and warm inside. We found a website to watch american tv and movies, so that and a little homework has been our main source of entertainment. Being so bored has made me a little homesick so I definitely can't wait to get out of town next weekend and go to Brussels.. even though I checked the forecast and its supposed to rain all weekend there too. Great. Hoping the weather men suck here and are wrong because that would not be fun :( I never thought I'd say this but I'm kinda actually looking forward to class this week... just for some fresh air and something to do!

                                 Me and Eric on the train to Madrid!

                          Us with Jane Anne and Sara at la fontana de oro!

                                   motorcycle hanging from the ceiling?

                                  the Irish pub, the fountain of gold!

No comments:

Post a Comment